Disney Taps 'Prom' Scribe for New Teen Project (Exclusive)
Katie Wech's closely-guarded screenplay could become a sequel to "Prom."
Katie Wech, who wrote Disney's upcoming teen movie Prom, has been tapped to write another teen movie for the studio.
Plot details are being kept closer than a corsage to a dress but the script could end up acting as a sequel to the movie, depending on how the movie performs at the box office when it opens April 29.
Prom, one of the first movies greenlighted by the Rich Ross-Sean Bailey regime, features a cast of relative unknowns and up-comers in its tale of a detail-obsessed prom committee leader caught off-guard when she unexpectedly falls for the school's bad boy, among several storylines.
The pic, made with a very modest budget, features characters that are seniors and sophomores, so the underclassmen could theoretically step up to the stage in a potential sequel.
Also, by getting the writing process started early, the studio moves itself into position to be able to act fast if it were to desire a movie for the same time next year.
ICM-repped Wech was an associate producer on Disney's Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience. She was also a staff writer on USA's supernatural TV show The Dead Zone.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR