Disney Taps Randi Hiller as New Head of Casting
Hiller has worked on Marvel Studios' "Thor," "Captain America" and "Iron Man 2."
Disney is looking to someone with Marvel experience to head casting for the studio.
Randi Hiller, an independent casting director who worked on Marvel Studios’ The Avengers, Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor and Iron Man 2, has been hired to the post of vp casting.
Disney has been without a head of casting since February, when a round exits left the position vacant. Insiders say the new hire could be a sign the studio is going to ramp up its production slate, while others believe the move is merely part of the continued reshaping of the studio under chief Rich Ross and Sean Bailey.
Hiller has more than 20 years of casting experience under her belt, having overseen the hiring of actors on all Marvel movies save for the first Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk. Her credits also include the still-in-theatres Warrior and Paul Haggis’ best picture Oscar winner Crash. She cast HBO's Cinema Verite, which was nominated for a miniseries casting Emmy.
She has worked on Disney movies in the past, including the 2009 remake of Race to Witch Mountain and the hockey drama Miracle.
Hiller will run casting for live-action movies, not Disney animated fare.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR