Disney Launches YouTube Streaming Rentals, Including Pixar and DreamWorks Titles
The studio joins Sony Pictures, Universal and Warner Brothers as major content providers on the Google-owned website.
Google announced Wednesday that Walt Disney Studios has partnered with YouTube as the latest rental partner on the streaming video hub.
Available on YouTube and Google TV platforms, Disney follows Sony Pictures, Universal and Warner Brothers as the fourth major studio to distribute titles on the service.
Hundreds of movies under Disney, Pixar and DreamWorks Studios will be offered on the site, with a soft launch including Alice in Wonderland, Cars and the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.
The titles join YouTube's growing rental library, which is available to users in the U.S. and Canada.
More Disney offerings are expected to join the site in the coming weeks.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR