Disneyland gets discrimination complaint
Restaurant hostess wore head scarf for Ramadan
A Muslim woman working as a hostess at a Disneyland restaurant has filed a discrimination complaint against the Walt Disney unit, saying it did not allow her to appear in front of customers with her head scarf.
Imane Boudlal, 26, has worked for the Walt Disney resort's Grand Californian Hotel and filed the complaint with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Associated Press reported.
Boudlal said she wore the scarf in observance of Ramadan.
A Disneyland spokeswoman said Disney has a policy not to discriminate. The resort offered Boudlal a chance to wear the head scarf while working away from customers until a compromise was reached.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR