Disney's ABC Spark Gets Spring TV Launch in Canada
Canadian broadcaster Corus Entertainment is offering sneak peek airings of "Switched at Birth" and "Melissa & Joey" ahead of the March 26, 2012 bow for the U.S. cable channel.
TORONTO – ABC Spark is launching north of the border on March 26, thanks to a licensing agreement between Canadian broadcaster Corus Entertainment and the Disney/ABC Television Group.
Ahead of the debut, Corus is offering a sneak peek of U.S. imports like Switched at Birth and Melissa & Joey this month on its YTV, W Network and CMT cable channels.
Other Disney/ABC series to get first-time airings in Canada via ABC Spark include The Secret Life of the America Teenager, starring Shailene Woodley and Molly Ringwald, the Candace Cameron Bure-starrer Make It or Break It and Jane By Design, starring Andie MacDowell and Erica Dasher.
ABC Spark, which is aimed at young viewers, will be the latest U.S. TV property to launch in Canada.
Rival Rogers Media recently debuted FX Networks Canada, via another licensing agreement, and Corus last year shepherded Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Network into Canada.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR