Disney's 'Frozen' to Have Early Engagement in Los Angeles
El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood will begin showing the 3D animated film five days ahead of its Nov. 27 wide release.
The people of Los Angeles will get to see Disney's upcoming 3D animated pic Frozen five days early, the studio announced on Tuesday.
Frozen, starring the voice cast of Josh Gad, Kristen Bell and Jonathan Groff, will have a special early engagement at the El Capitan Theatre in Los Angeles beginning on Nov. 22 -- five days before the film's Nov. 27 wide release.
The special Los Angeles showings, which will run Nov. 22, 2013, to Jan. 5, 2014, will be preceded by ice carving performance artists on stage, as well as Frozen characters Anna and Elsa in their first live-on-stage appearances.
The animated film follows Anna (Bell) and Kristoff (Groff), who set off on a journey to find Anna's sister, Elsa (Idina Menzel), "whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter." 1600 Penn's Gad plays a snowman named Olaf.
The film's wide release on Nov. 27 will be during a busy Thanksgiving week. Spike Lee's thriller, Oldboy, Jason Statham's action title, Homefront, and Jennifer Hudson's holiday musical drama, Black Nativity, are also scheduled for the same release date.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack