Disney's 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Hits $400 Million Worldwide in Less Than a Week
It is the fastest moving motion picture this year.
Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides jumped the $400 million mark at the worldwide box office on Tuesday, in less than a week in release. That’s faster than any other film this year.
From director Rob Marshall, On Stranger Tides has grossed a massive $310.8million overseas, three times the $104.4 million it has earned in North America. The pic’s total cume through Tuesday was $415.2 million
The 3D tentpole, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, has done especially well in territories including China and Russia .
Universal’s Fast Five remains the top grossing film of 2011 at the global box office, and is the only movie to have grossed north of $500 million (pic’s cume through Tuesday was north of $520 million).
Twentieth Century Fox’s 3D toon Rio is next up, grossing north of $450 million through Tuesday.
Paramount and Marvel Studios’ Thor also was expected to have jumped the $400 million mark on Tuesday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR