'Divergent' Producer Red Wagon Entertainment Adds VP Nicki Cortese
Cortese spent the past five years as vp film and television at Akiva Goldsman’s Weed Road Pictures.
Red Wagon Entertainment has hired former Weed Road Pictures exec Nicki Cortese as vp film and television. She will work closely with Red Wagon creative executive Charlie Morrison.
“Nicki arrives with extraordinary creative relationships, and she brings the energy and talent to put them all to use,” said Red Wagon co-head Doug Wick in a statement, while co-head Lucy Fisher added, “We especially appreciate what a magnet she is for newer writers.”
Red Wagon is currently in post-production on Divergent, the first installment of its adaptation of Veronica Roth’s best-selling YA trilogy. The film, due March 21, will be the banner’s first release since last year’s Baz Luhrmann-directed The Great Gatsby.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services