'Django Unchained' Stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Jamie Foxx Showcase the Film's Antebellum Fashions (Photos)
In two new images from Quentin Tarantino's latest, which also stars Kerry Washington, Kurt Russell and Samuel L. Jackson, the actors showcase costumes authentic to the film's Southern locale.
Quentin Tarantino fans eager to see the filmmaker’s take on spaghetti westerns got their first look Thursday at what he calls his “Southern.” The Weinstein Company released two images from Django Unchained, one featuring Leonardo DiCaprio and the other Jamie Foxx and Christoph Waltz, both of which highlight the period details in Tarantino’s depiction of the antebellum American South.
Django Unchained stars Jamie Foxx as Django, a slave who strikes a tenuous deal with bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (played by Waltz) in exchange for help finding his kidnapped wife Broomhilda (Kerry Washington). DiCaprio plays a plantation owner named Calvin Candie, who grooms slaves to battle each other for sport. Kurt Russell plays Candie’s slave trainer, and Samuel L. Jackson plays a house slave named Stephen who becomes suspicious of Django and Schultz after they begin to investigate Candie’s “Candyland” plantation complex.
In the image featuring DiCaprio, the multiple Oscar nominee brandishes a hammer, which seems like a good (bad) sign for a Tarantino movie, since the filmmaker seldom flinches away from orchestrating some gloriously brutal violence. Meanwhile, the Waltz and Foxx picture further highlights the period detail in the film’s costumes and sets, as the two men, dressed from head to toe in authentic (at least cinematically speaking) western garb, make their way down a walkway next to a muddy street.
Check out the images above and below and let us know what you notice. Django Unchained is being released nationwide December 25, 2012.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott