Extended 'Django Unchained' Trailer Set for Tuscany's Lucca Movie Event
The eight-minute preview will give fans a longer look at the Spaghetti Western homage from Quentin Tarantino.
ROME – Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained may not be headed to the International Rome Film Festival as once seemed likely, but Italians will still be among the first to catch a glimpse of the film when the Lucca Movie event screens the first extended trailer of Tarantino’s tribute to the Spaghetti Western genre on Friday.
Django Unchained had been linked with the seven-year-old Rome event for months, but production delays made it impossible for the film to be ready for the Nov. 9-17 festival. The highly anticipated production is still expected to have some connection to the Rome festival, though Rome artistic director Marco Mueller has been steadfastly vague about how that will happen.
Speculation among Italian industry insiders is that the film will likely still premiere in Rome - albeit after the festival - and that Franco Nero, who played protagonist Django in Sergio Corbucci’s 1966 classic Django and who has a small part in Tarantino’s film, could be on hand during the festival to make the announcement about the premiere. Jamie Foxx plays Django in the new version of the film.
But for those who can’t wait, Friday’s eight-minute extended trailer at the Lucca event is the first chance to have a longer look at the film beyond the various 150-second trailers screening in cinemas in recent days.
Two-year-old Lucca Movie, which takes place in the picturesque Tuscan town of Lucca, is part of the Lucca Comics & Games event, which casts itself as the European version of San Diego’s Comic-Con. Lucca Movie officially gets underway Thursday and runs until Nov. 4, though some out-of-festival screenings started last week.
In addition to the projection of Django Unchained’s extended trailer, the festival’s lineup includes the Italian premieres of Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie, Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom and Looper, the time travel thriller from Rian Johnson.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!