'Django Unchained' Trailer: Jamie Foxx 'Kills White People, Gets Paid for It' (Video)
Quentin Tarantino premieres the first trailer from his upcoming western, which also stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Christoph Waltz.
Quentin Tarantino fans got their first real look at Django Unchained on Wednesday with the online premiere of the first official trailer for the filmmaker’s upcoming western. Featuring plenty of interaction between stars Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio, along with a few intriguing cameos, the clip highlights Tarantino’s irreverent but celebratory take on yet another genre.
Django Unchained stars Foxx as Django, a slave recruited by bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Waltz) to find the villainous Brittle brothers in exchange for his freedom. Negotiating for the bounty hunter’s help in finding his kidnapped wife Broomhilda (Kerry Washington), the two men embark on a violent journey of justice and retribution, eventually arriving at the plantation of Calvin Candie (DiCaprio).
The trailer, which premiered exclusively on Fandango, features a remix of James Brown’s “The Payback,” as a righteously angry Django dispatches anyone who stands in his way. When asked by Schultz what he likes about bounty hunting, he coolly responds, “I kill white people and get paid for it. What’s not to like?”
Featuring the original Django, Franco Nero, as a cowboy who ironically asks Foxx’s character for his name, the clip ends with the tagline, “This Christmas, Django Is Off The Chain.” In the words of Calvin Candie, “You had my curiosity, now you have my attention” – it should be interesting to see what Tarantino does to keep it.
Watch the trailer below for more provocative moments from the film. Django Unchained opens nationwide Dec. 25.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'