Doctors Amputate Zsa Zsa Gabor's Leg
Zsa Zsa Gabor is in "frail health" but had no complications following the amputation of her right leg Friday, reports the Associated Press.
The 93-year-old actress had an infection in her leg for several months, and the operation was needed because antibiotics failed to stop the spreading infection.
Gabor's publicist John Blanchette told AP, "Ms. Gabor needed an amputation above her knee due to poor circulation and a large ulcerated area on her right leg. After consulting with her husband, we felt this was the best medical course of action."
Gabor has been hospitalized since Jan. 2. She is partially paralyzed from a 2002 car accident and had a stroke in 2005.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack