Documentary Starring Swedish House Mafia to Premiere at SXSW
"Leave the World Behind" follows the electronic trio through its final tour.
This article first appeared on billboard.com.
A film starring recently defunct electronic trio Swedish House Mafia will premiere at South by Southwest this March.
Leave the World Behind, a documentary starring former Mafia members Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso and Steve Angello, is an official selection in the Austin festival's film portion, a release confirmed on Jan. 9.
The film, directed by Christian Larson, follows the three producers and DJs as they prepare for the collective's impending breakup and subsequent farewell world tour. Along the way, the trio reveals why they decided to disband and follows the group after this decision -- all the way up to the tour's finale.
Leave the World Behind is executive produced by Jonas Akerlund, director of dozens of high-profile music videos, including Madonna's "Ray of Light," Lady Gaga's "Telephone" and Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful."
Swedish House Mafia broke up after arguably its most successful year in America, hitting No. 6 on the Hot 100 with "Don't You Worry Child." The trio played their final show at Ultra Music Festival last March.
The film portion of South by Southwest will take place March 7-15 in Austin, Texas.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche