Dodgers Outfielder Yasiel Puig Arrested for Reckless Driving
The Florida Highway Patrol says the baseball star was clocked driving 40 mph above the speed limit.
NAPLES, Fla. (AP) — The Florida Highway Patrol says that Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig has been arrested after officers clocked him driving 110 mph in a 70 mph zone.
A news release from the Highway Patrol says a white Mercedes driven by the 23-year-old Cuban defector was pulled over around 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
Authorities say Puig was arrested and charged with reckless driving and taken to the Collier County jail for processing.
Dodgers spokesman Joe Jareck declined to comment on Puig's arrest.
Puig hit .319 with 19 home runs and 42 RBIs.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR