Doha Film Institute Announces Dates for Inaugural Ajyal Film Festival for the Young
The festival takes place Nov. 26-30, and aims to promote film appreciation among families and educators.
LONDON -- Qatar's Doha Film Institute has set dates for its inaugural Ajyal Film Festival for the Young, a community-based event that brings cinema and film-related activities to Doha to promote film appreciation among families and educators.
The festival will take place Nov. 26-30 and will include a Doha Film Experience section with a feature narrative and short film competition, and also a Made in Qatar/Students strand. That section will showcase student films that have been shot in Qatar, or have been made by individuals of any nationality who currently reside in Qatar. Submissions are open now.
The Doha Film Institute, Qatar’s independent cultural organization, announced plans to launch two festivals during this year's Festival de Cannes, just weeks after the parting of the ways with Tribeca Enterprises at the end of April.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR