Doha Film Institute Announces Dates for Inaugural Ajyal Film Festival for the Young
The festival takes place Nov. 26-30, and aims to promote film appreciation among families and educators.
LONDON -- Qatar's Doha Film Institute has set dates for its inaugural Ajyal Film Festival for the Young, a community-based event that brings cinema and film-related activities to Doha to promote film appreciation among families and educators.
The festival will take place Nov. 26-30 and will include a Doha Film Experience section with a feature narrative and short film competition, and also a Made in Qatar/Students strand. That section will showcase student films that have been shot in Qatar, or have been made by individuals of any nationality who currently reside in Qatar. Submissions are open now.
The Doha Film Institute, Qatar’s independent cultural organization, announced plans to launch two festivals during this year's Festival de Cannes, just weeks after the parting of the ways with Tribeca Enterprises at the end of April.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!