Dominick Fairbanks launches production company
EXCLUSIVE: Stepping into family tradition behind the camera
LONDON -- Dominick Fairbanks, the great grandson and grandson of Hollywood legends Douglas Fairbanks and Douglas Fairbanks Jr., is to launch a British movie production company.
The launch is shrouded in mystery but the next generation in Fairbanks' lineage is scheduled to reveal his plans in detail at a private function here in London in October.
Dominick Fairbanks is set to step into a famous family tradition from behind the camera with the launch on Oct. 11 of Fairbanks Productions at The Dorchester hotel in central London. Movie production is the aim although no further details have been made available ahead of the British capital-set shindig.
Douglas Fairbanks starred in a myriad of Hollywood productions and was one of the founders of United Artists in 1919.
His son, Fairbanks Jr., a decorated soldier on both sides of the Atlantic after serving in PT boats and gunboats in World War II, followed in his father's footsteps carving out a successful career in movies in more than seven decades in the business.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Week’s Best Game of Thrones Reader Comments: ‘The Lion and the Rose’
- Douglas Coupland on Being a Visual Artist, the ‘Torture’ of Interviews, and Unintended Side Effects
- Alan Thicke on His New Reality Sitcom and Being ‘Considerably More Boring Than Jason Seaver’
- 6 Forgotten Teen Films of the Late ’90s and Early ’00s