Don Mischer to Direct 85th Academy Awards
Having earned Emmy nominations for his work on the past two shows, he will be helming his third consecutive Oscar broadcast.
Don Mischer will direct the 85th Academy Awards, marking his third consecutive year at the helm of the awards show.
The telecast's producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron announced Thursday that the Academy will once again work with Don Mischer Productions, which also produces the Oscar red carpet preshow and the annual Governors Awards. "For a very long time, we had always hoped to work with Don Mischer," the producers said. "His talent and reputation are unsurpassed, and we're so happy he will be our collaborator on the 85th Academy Awards."
In addition to directing the past two Oscar shows, Mischer served as one of the producers of the 83rd and 84th Academy Awards and was nominated for Emmys for directing both shows.
Mischer Productions' Charlie Haykel and Juliane Hare will again produce the Oscar preshow. For the fourth consecutive year, the company will produce the Governors Awards, alongside Academy governor Cheryl Boone Isaacs.
"I am so very excited to be directing the Academy Awards again this year and to be working with creative producers like Craig and Neil," Mischer said.
Mischer's other credits include We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration at the Lincoln Memorial, The Kennedy Center Honors, several Super Bowl halftime shows and the opening ceremonies of Winter and Summer Olympic Games.
The 85th Academy Awards will be televised live by ABC on Feb. 24 from the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!