Donald Trump Charging $10,000 for Invitation-Only Meet and Greet
The "Celebrity Apprentice" star expects 30-40 business leaders to attend the exclusive "Platinum Privilege" event in Australia.
Donald Trump has invited a group of Australian business leaders to join him for a personal meet and greet
The catch? He's asking them to pay at least $10,000 each for the privilege, according to Australia's News.com.au.
In a letter-style invitation, the Celebrity Apprentice star writes that the invitation is being extended to only a select group of people.
"Like me, you're at the top of your food chain," he writes. "And no one put your there; you put yourself there."
Trump adds that he expects about 30-40 people to take part. At the event, dubbed "Platinum Privilege," each guest will be welcomed individually and receive a framed photo as a memento of the occasion.
The letter doesn't say what the money will be used for, but several reports noted that it's not intended for charity.
Trump adds that this is a one-time-only event, which he's doing in honor of his first speaking trip to Australia (he has seminars lined up in Melbourne and Sydney).
"I've already ensured that this is never to be included in any future contracts," he writes. "This is it."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short