Donald Trump Could Be Surprise Contender for Republican Presidential Nomination
Donald Trump may have a shot at the Republican presidential nomination, according to a recent Wall Street Journal/NBC poll.
In a survey of Republican primary voters, Trump tied for second place among nine possible candidates, with 17% throwing their support behind the real estate mogul and star of NBC's The Celebrity Apprentice.
He was tied with former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.
Coming in first was former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who nabbed 21% of the vote.
Here's the complete list:
1. Romney, 21%
2. Trump, 17%
3. House Speaker Newt Gingrich, 11%
4. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, 10%
5. Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, 6%
6. Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, 5%
7. Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, 3%
8. Missippi Gov. Haley Barbour, 1%