Donald Trump Could Be Surprise Contender for Republican Presidential Nomination
In a recent poll of primary voters, the "Celebrity Apprentice" star comes in second, tied with Mike Huckabee and behind Mitt Romney.
Donald Trump may have a shot at the Republican presidential nomination, according to a recent Wall Street Journal/NBC poll.
In a survey of Republican primary voters, Trump tied for second place among nine possible candidates, with 17% throwing their support behind the real estate mogul and star of NBC's The Celebrity Apprentice.
He was tied with former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.
Coming in first was former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who nabbed 21% of the vote.
Here's the complete list:
1. Romney, 21%
2. Trump, 17%
3. House Speaker Newt Gingrich, 11%
4. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, 10%
5. Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, 6%
6. Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, 5%
7. Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, 3%
8. Missippi Gov. Haley Barbour, 1%
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR