Donald Trump Delays Extension of 'Celebrity Apprentice' While Mulling Presidential Bid
The real estate mogul says he told NBC he could not commit to additional seasons until he makes a decision on his candidacy.
Donald Trump has postponed a decision about signing on for more seasons of The Celebrity Apprentice while he decides whether to formally declare his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination.
The real estate mogul told the Associated Press that on Friday, he informed NBC he could not commit to a three-year contract extension for the reality series until he makes a decision on his political future.
Trump said he was encouraged by polls showing him with a strong following. For example, a recent CNN poll placed him as a front-runner alongside former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.
Last week, Trump said he was mulling the idea of making an announcement about his potential bid on the Celebrity Apprentice finale, which airs May 22. He added that it will be "a very tough decision" because the series has been performing solidly in the ratings as one of NBC's top series.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game