Donald Trump Continues to Tease President Obama Bombshell (Video)
“This is not a media event or about Donald J. Trump--- this is about the United States of America,” the “Apprentice” star tweeted Tuesday.
Donald Trump continues to tease a major revelation about President Obama, a bombshell he now says he will drop Wednesday via his Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Later, he elaborated in another post: “This is not a media event or about Donald J. Trump--- this is about the United States of America. I will be making the announcement on Facebook and Twitter tomorrow.”
On Monday, Trump lit up the blogosphere by tweeting about a “big Obama announcement” and saying in a Fox News Channel interview his information could potentially change the outcome of the election and that it was “bigger than anybody would know.”
During a phone interview Tuesday with CNBC, Trump was pressed to give more details about the announcement. Asked if it would “make more sense” than the birther movement The Apprentice star became involved with last year, Trump said “I think it's going to make a lot of sense. I think birtherism makes a lot of sense to a lot of people to be honest with you.”
Trump also said the Romney campaign had asked him to appear in support of the GOP candidate, and that he would likely do so starting next week.
Speculation has swirled as to what Trump's bombshell could be, from allegations that Obama sold cocaine during college (a Trump adviser denied this was the reveal) to the existence of divorce papers for First Lady Michelle Obama and the president. As Mediaite points out, that theory had previously been written about in a biography of Obama by Ed Klein.
Others have slammed Trump, characterizing this bombshell as a stunt to put the spotlight on himself. MSNBC’s Touré said his opinion of Trump had reached “a new low.”
“The rumor that the Obamas once considered divorce has been floated before. If it's true, to their credit, they worked it out. So...?” he tweeted Tuesday.
An all-star season of The Celebrity Apprentice returns to NBC early next year.
Watch Trump's interviews plugging the announcement below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10