Donald Trump Launches Twitter Tirade Against British Director Anthony Baxter
The real estate mogul vents ahead of the expose documentary "You've Been Trumped" airing Sunday on BBC Two.
TORONTO - Donald Trump has renewed his war of words with Anthony Baxter, blasting the British director as “a stupid fool.”
The real estate mogul and host of NBC's Celebrity Apprentice franchise slammed Baxter on Twitter this week ahead of Sunday's BBC Two broadcast of the director's Trump expose documentary You’ve Been Trumped.
And he poured scorn on opponents of his Scottish golf course development, the subject of the documentary, which bowed at the Hot Docs festival in Toronto ahead of a commercial release on both sides of the Atlantic.
“All the morons that cause the controversy in Scotland have made my development far more successful than anticipated,” Trump wrote on his Twitter account.
While thanking Baxter for helping publicize his Scottish golf development, Trump added in a tweet: “Your documentary died many deaths, you have in my opinion, zero talent.”
We can assume the British director is equally thankful to Trump for his unwitting marketing of his documentary, which is on its third week at the IFC Center in New York City, and is set to open in Chicago this Friday.
You’ve Been Trumped follows the local residents in Scotland who have battled against Trump as he attempts to build a golf course resort on one of Britain’s last remaining coastal wilderness areas.
The billionaire tycoon has now threatened to abandon a luxury hotel development if a wind farm goes ahead opposite Trump’s golf course.
You’ve Been Trumped producer Richard Phinney said he understood why the high-profile BBC broadcast would spur Trump’s Twitter tirade.
But Phinney called the use of the word "morons" an insult to Scottish opponents of Trump’s tony seaside golf course.
“British viewers can make their own mind up Sunday night,” he added.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott