Donald Trump Slams Jerry Seinfeld for Skipping Benefit
11:29 AM PDT 4/21/2011 by THR staff
He fires off a nasty letter to the comic, calling his NBC "Marriage Ref" show a failure.
Add Jerry Seinfeld to the list of Donald Trump's enemies.The potential presidential candidate is upset the comic has pulled out of a charity event his son is hosting. Seinfeld had signed on for a Sept. 13 Eric Trump Foundation benefit aiding the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. But his manger said the comic has become “increasingly uncomfortable” with Trump’s recent questioning of President Obama’s citizenship so he "has respectfully withdrawn from the event." The move prompted Trump to fire off a nasty letter to Seinfeld. In his letter, Trump claims his remarks on Obama are warranted because Obama has been "doing an absolutely terrible job as our leader - just look at Libya, our economy, gas, food, and clothing prices and maybe you will understand what is going on!" He also says Seinfeld should be ashamed that he has left “the children of St. Jude are very disappointed," adding that Bret Michaels has now agreed to make an appearance. Naturally, Trump couldn't help but take a swipe at Seinfeld's career, writing: "What I do feel badly about is that I agreed to do, and did, your failed show, 'The Marriage Ref,' even though I thought it was absolutely terrible. Despite its poor ratings, I didn't cancel on you like you canceled on my son and St. Jude. I only wish I did."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game