Doug Morris Named CEO of Sony Music
Sony Corp. president Sir Howard Stringer officially announces what had been rumored for months: Morris will replace Sony Music chairman Rolf Schmidt-Holtz.
A staff-wide memo from Sony Corporation president Sir Howard Stringer confirms what had been rumored for months: Universal Music Group chairman Doug Morris is heading to Sony Music as Chief Executive Officer. He replaces outgoing chairman Rolf Schmidt-Holtz, who will depart the company at the end of his contract on March 31. Morris will start on July 1.
Said Stringer in an email to Sony staffers: "Doug Morris, one of the most talented, innovative and respected executives in the music industry, will join the Sony family on July 1 as Chief Executive Officer of Sony Music Entertainment. Doug is exceptionally qualified to lead our music company into the next phase of a challenging and rapidly changing industry, and I am delighted to welcome him to Sony."
Of Schmidt-Holtz, Stringer writes, "I offer my sincere thanks to Rolf for his dedication to and leadership of the Company during a very difficult period."See the full announcement after the jump:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR