Doug Morris Named CEO of Sony Music
Sony Corp. president Sir Howard Stringer officially announces what had been rumored for months: Morris will replace Sony Music chairman Rolf Schmidt-Holtz.
A staff-wide memo from Sony Corporation president Sir Howard Stringer confirms what had been rumored for months: Universal Music Group chairman Doug Morris is heading to Sony Music as Chief Executive Officer. He replaces outgoing chairman Rolf Schmidt-Holtz, who will depart the company at the end of his contract on March 31. Morris will start on July 1.
Said Stringer in an email to Sony staffers: "Doug Morris, one of the most talented, innovative and respected executives in the music industry, will join the Sony family on July 1 as Chief Executive Officer of Sony Music Entertainment. Doug is exceptionally qualified to lead our music company into the next phase of a challenging and rapidly changing industry, and I am delighted to welcome him to Sony."
Of Schmidt-Holtz, Stringer writes, "I offer my sincere thanks to Rolf for his dedication to and leadership of the Company during a very difficult period."See the full announcement after the jump:
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!