Ed Speleers Secures 'Downton Abbey' Role
Actor joins cast for the upcoming season of the show set to air on U.K. commerical web ITV later this year.
LONDON – Ed Speleers will be polishing up his shoes and accent for a role in the upcoming season of Downton Abbey, created by Oscar winner Julian Fellowes.
Speleers will play a footman in the latest series of the drama due to air later this year on commercial web ITV in the U.K.
Speleers follows Cara Theobold and Lucille Sharp into the long corridors of Downton, alongside Matt Milne and Shirley MacLaine for the upcoming series.
Speleers is in horror comedy Love Bite and previously featured in Echo Beach following his turn in Eragon.
He is repped by Sally Long-Innes at Independent Talent and his manager is Matthew Hobbs at Firefly.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR