'Downton Abbey' Star Dan Stevens' 'Summer in February' Acquired by uConnect
The sales division of Belgium-based uMedia boards the British indie movie which also stars Emily Browning and Dominic Cooper.
LONDON --uConnect, the sales division of Belgium-based uMedia has taken on worldwide sales duties for Christopher Menaul’s Summer In February, starring Dominic Cooper, Dan Stevens and Emily Browning.
Headed by veteran international sales guru and former Lakeshore high flier Peter Rogers, uConnect will be charged with finding distributors for the low-budget British independent film.
Based on a true story, the film is set amongst a bohemian group of Edwardian artists in the dramatic landscape of Cornwall and focuses on the tragic love triangle between anti-Modernist painter AJ Munnings (Cooper), budding artist Florence Carter-Wood (Browning) and the local land agent, Gilbert Evans (Stevens).
The film is directed by BAFTA TV Award winning Christopher Menaul (See No Evil: The Moors Murders) and produced by Janette Day and Pippa Cross for CrossDay Productions, Apart Films’ Jeremy Cowdrey and Dan Stevens. Jonathan Smith wrote the screenplay based on his own novel.
Metrodome released the film theatrically June 14 across the U.K.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!