'Downton Abbey' Star Dan Stevens' 'Summer in February' Acquired by uConnect
The sales division of Belgium-based uMedia boards the British indie movie which also stars Emily Browning and Dominic Cooper.
LONDON --uConnect, the sales division of Belgium-based uMedia has taken on worldwide sales duties for Christopher Menaul’s Summer In February, starring Dominic Cooper, Dan Stevens and Emily Browning.
Headed by veteran international sales guru and former Lakeshore high flier Peter Rogers, uConnect will be charged with finding distributors for the low-budget British independent film.
Based on a true story, the film is set amongst a bohemian group of Edwardian artists in the dramatic landscape of Cornwall and focuses on the tragic love triangle between anti-Modernist painter AJ Munnings (Cooper), budding artist Florence Carter-Wood (Browning) and the local land agent, Gilbert Evans (Stevens).
The film is directed by BAFTA TV Award winning Christopher Menaul (See No Evil: The Moors Murders) and produced by Janette Day and Pippa Cross for CrossDay Productions, Apart Films’ Jeremy Cowdrey and Dan Stevens. Jonathan Smith wrote the screenplay based on his own novel.
Metrodome released the film theatrically June 14 across the U.K.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing