Dr. Conrad Murray Trial Continues With ER Doctor Testimony (Video)
Dr. Richelle Cooper told the jury that Michael Jackson’s physician never mentioned the anesthetic propofol, and that she attempted resuscitation for more than an hour at the hospital.
As the trial of Michael Jackson’s doctor Conrad Murray enters its second week, emergency room doctor Richelle Cooper continued her testimony Monday morning.
Cooper was asked to detail her conversations with Murray on the day that Jackson died, as well as her interactions with the young Jackson children. “They were crying,” she recalled. “They were fairly hysterical.”
Additionally, Cooper told the jury that when Murray arrived at the Ronald Reagan UCLA medical center, there was no mention made of the anesthetic propofol. According to Cooper’s testimony, Murray acknowledged only administering the sedative lorazepam.
Though Cooper gave paramedics permission to pronounce the singer dead at the scene, resuscitation efforts were continued at the hospital. She explained that Murray was not asked to sign the late King of Pop’s death certificate, because he became her patient upon arrival at the emergency room.
“Mr. Jackson was my patient and I didn’t have an explanation for why he was dead,” she said. According to the LA Times, she also noted, “Mr. Jackson died long before he became a patient.”
Following Cooper on the stand is a representative from AT&T, to discuss the various phone calls made and received on June 25, 2009. The physician is on trial for involuntary manslaughter, while the defense is claiming that Jackson provided himself with an additional injection of propofol, which ultimately proved fatal. If convicted, Murray could serve up to four years in California prison and lose his medical license.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack