Dr. Dre to Join Eminem Onstage at Grammys, First TV Appearance in a Decade (Exclusive)
10:10 PM PST 2/9/2011 by Shirley Halperin
The rap icons will collaborate in a live performance. Eminem is up for 10 Grammy Awards this year.
Continuing the annual Grammy Awards tradition of pairing A-list artists for musical collaborations, the Hollywood Reporter has learned that Dr. Dre will join his protege Eminem onstage at this Sunday's show (CBS, 8 p.m.).It will mark the rap icon's first live television performance in more than a decade and comes on the heels of a stellar year for Em, who not only has the best-selling album of 2010 with Recovery, but is also up for 10 awards (he's won a total of 11 Grammys since breaking onto the scene in 1999). Dre is also up for album of the year, as a producer on Recovery. A new Dr. Dre album, Detox, is expected out in the spring. It will be his first studio album since 1999. Previously announced performers for music's biggest night include Arcade Fire, Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, Katy Perry, Barbra Streisand, a duet by Gwyneth Paltrow with Cee Lo Green, as well as a tribute to Aretha Franklin performed by Christina Aguilera, Martina McBride, Jennifer Hudson, Yolanda Adams and Florence Welch.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother