Dr. Dre to Take a 'Break' From Music Industry After 27 Years (Video)
The rapper intends to spend time with his family, “until I get that itch to get back in.”
Dr. Dre stopped just short of announcing his retirement last week, admitting that he was ready to take a break from working on music.
While discussing his latest protégés, Slim the Mobster and Kendrick Lamar, Dre told Fadar TV that his next order of business was to “wrap it up for a minute.”
“I’ve been working on music for 27 years now, and the longest I’ve ever been out of the studio in 27 years has been two weeks,” he said. “I’m never gonna stop music, it’s like air to me. I’m gonna take a little bit of a break, enjoy some time with the family.”
Dre joined Jimmy Iovine and Luke Wood to unveil a new line of Beats by Dr. Dre headphones in New York City on Friday, Nov. 11. The three new products revealed included new colors for the standard headphones (pink, orange, purple, blue and grey); a Beats Wireless Solo Bluetooth model; the “Portable Beat Box,” with built-in Bluetooth; and special DJ headphones. The group also announced a Beats by Dr. Dre pop-up store to be open through holiday season, located on Mercer Street in Manhattan.
Speaking to his inevitable return to the music scene, Dre intends to wait “until I get that itch to get back in.” He was most recently heard on Eminem's hit single, "I Need a Doctor," also featuring Skylar Grey.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram