Dr. Drew: 'I'm Not Addicted to Fame'
With a new HLN show set to premiere tonight, Dr. Drew Pinsky talks about his growing media empire, defends his assessment of celebrities like Lindsay Lohan and explains why his presence is needed on TV.
Dr. Drew Pinsky premieres his new HLN talk show tonight, adding another arm to his already flourishing media empire which includes a syndicated radio call-in show ("Loveline," broadcast from Los Angeles rock station KROQ), the VH1 reality hit Celebrity Rehab and a forthcoming daytime program (Lifechangers on the CW, slated to air in September). Throw in appearances on every form of gab fest, and soon enough, Dr. Drew will be almost as inescapable as Ryan Seacrest -- no small feat. But dig deeper, as he does on a daily basis when helping his patients battle their addictions, and you soon learn that it’s not about fame or fortune, though Dr. Drew does have an agenda, as he tells THR.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR