Dr. Oz, Hearst Team for Lifestyle Magazine
A pilot issue will hit newsstands in the first quarter of 2014.
Dr. Mehmet Oz is adding a magazine to his arsenal.
The TV doctor, host of the syndicated series The Dr. Oz Show, is teaming up with Hearst Magazines to create a new lifestyle magazine.
The pilot issue is slated to hit newsstands in the first quarter of 2014, followed by a second issue. Newsstand distribution is set for 350,000, while 450,000 copies will be sent to subscribers of targeted Hearst titles.
Should the magazine be a success, Hearst will continue to publish the magazine regularly beginning in the second half of the year.
According to the announcement, Dr. Oz's magazine will prove an "upbeat, optimistic attitude, touching on physical and emotional well-being, food, beauty, real-women's stories, news, travel and finances." Additional details will be revealed in the coming months.
“Hearst has a very successful track record of partnering with unique brands and personalities to create engaging content for readers,” said David Carey, president of Hearst Magazines. “Dr. Oz’s spirit and message clearly resonate with American women, and the time is right to translate that into a print and digital magazine that will introduce an entirely new category to the market.”
“Dr. Oz truly is ‘America’s Doctor’ and he’s been a friend of Hearst for years, contributing to and appearing in many of our titles,” said Ellen Levine, editorial director of Hearst Magazines. “He’s admired and respected for his energy and can-do philosophy — a perfect prescription for embracing every day.”
The Dr. Oz Show, which won an Emmy for informative talk show this year, is distributed in 118 countries worldwide and across the U.S., including 18 Hearst Television stations. The news comes two weeks after his television show was renewed on 16 Hearst stations through 2016-17.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!