The Hollywood Reporter's Alison Brower Named Editor in Chief of Dr. Oz Magazine (Exclusive)
The new pilot magazine, a collaboration between Hearst Magazines and Dr. Mehmet Oz, debuts in first-quarter 2014.
Dr. Oz's new magazine has an editor in chief: Alison Brower, who's spent the last five months as special projects editor at The Hollywood Reporter.
Brower, the award-winning former executive editor of Redbook and deputy editor of Glamour, will lead Hearst's efforts to publish two pilot issues of a lifestyle publication for women, with health content as well as food, beauty, news, travel and finance. The title of the magazine will be announced in the coming weeks.
“Alison is an exceptionally talented and versatile editor, with deep experience developing women’s lifestyle content,” said Hearst editorial director Ellen Levine. “She understands what works across platforms and will work closely with Dr. Oz to bring his advice, spirit and uplifting message to life for readers in print and online.”
“I was proud to be part of such an amazing period of growth at The Hollywood Reporter," Brower said. "Now I’m thrilled to join Dr. Oz’s team and help bring his powerful message of optimism and growth to a whole new audience of women.”
"I couldn't be more thrilled for Alison," said Janice Min, editorial director of The Hollywood Reporter. "Dr. Oz is lucky to have such a special talent, and I look forward to all their success together."
“I am honored to have Alison as my partner in developing this project,” Mehmet Oz said. “She’s spent much of her career speaking to this audience, and she knows how to shape and present information in a bold, original way. Plus, she has a positive, big-picture attitude, which is what this magazine is all about.”
At The Hollywood Reporter, Brower managed and edited feature packages themed to industry influence rankings and entertainment events and also conceived and developed related web and video content.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!