Drake Comments on Justin Bieber's Profanity-Free Remix
The pop star released his own rendition of the rapper's "Trust Issues," and Drake had a few critiques.
Justin Bieber tested out some different musical waters over the weekend when he released a remix of rapper Drake's hit "Trust Issues."
But, the pop star didn't stray too far from his squeaky-clean crooning image. Instead of singing the song's many profanity-laced lines, Bieber changed them. Instead of saying "F--k it, I'm on one," he made it, "You know I'm on one," and rather than endorse drinking and smoking, he sings "I'mma sing until I feel it, I'mma go till it's done" (the original line went "I'mma sip until I feel it, I'mma smoke it till it's done").
And, the alterations didn't get past Drake, who said he was a little disappointed.
"I wish he would've left all the cuss words in it," he told MTV News. "I feel like that would've been so G, if he would've done all the swearing."
Not that he was offended by Bieber giving it a go, quite the contrary.
"I was excited when I heard he remixed it, because there was like a gang of swearing in that song," he said. "I was like 'Oh, we're about to hear the transformation of Bieber.' ... He's like a talented kid ... from Canada, so to hear him even remix that song is crazy."
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David