Drake Denied Access to Miami Heat Locker Room (Video)
The rapper was turned away by security, informed that only media would be allowed inside. His response: "I am media."
"I am media," Drake said, after being turned away from the Miami Heat locker room Thursday, June 20.
After the Heat won their second consecutive NBA championship, this year over the San Antonio Spurs, Drake headed to the team's locker room to congratulate them and team player and friend LeBron James.
When denied access by security and told only media was allowed through, the bewildered rapper responded with "I am media."
Before footage surfaced, NBA reporter, Alex Kennedy, tweeted of the incident.
Drake was just stopped by security. He tried getting in the locker room without media pass. "I am media," he said with a laugh.
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) June 21, 2013
Before heading to Miami for the championship game, Drake made a special apperance at J. Cole's "Dollar and A Dream" NYC show. Both rappers headed over to Best Buy in NYC's Union Square afterwards and bought all available copies of Cole's sophomore album, Born Sinner.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR