Drake to Perform at MTV VMAs
Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are among the presenters set.
Drake has been added to the MTV Video Music Awards performers lineup.
The hip-hop artist will perform his VMA-nominated single "Started From the Bottom" live during the Aug. 25 event at Brooklyn's Barclays Center. The video for the song is up for two prizes: best direction and best hip hop video. The announcement marks Drake's second VMA performance, following 2010's "Fancy."
Drake joins previously announced performers Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, Bruno Mars, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke, Lady Gaga (who opens the show) and Katy Perry (who will close).
Though there has been no official confirmation, there are rumors that Timberlake may be reunited with his former 'N Sync bandmates, and a performance by Daft Punk — which Stephen Colbert spoiled — may also take place.
DJ Cassidy also has been tapped as the official DJ for the VMAs.
Additionally, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jared Leto, Kevin Hart, Emeli Sande and A$AP Rocky are set to present.
The MTV VMAs will air this Sunday at 9 p.m. ET/PT on MTV.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR