Drama Around Alex Pettyfer
Star-to-be’s defiant actions are giving studio execs pause.
With starring roles in three 2011 films, British actor Alex Pettyfer is developing a reputation as a hot young star. Inside Hollywood, he’s also developing a reputation as being difficult and demanding. According to several sources close to I Am Number Four, tensions between Pettyfer, 20, and director D.J. Caruso ran so high last summer that DreamWorks CEO Stacey Snider was forced to intervene. (DreamWorks and Pettyfer’s reps declined comment.) Insiders say that when Pettyfer, who was being paid in the $250,000 range, heard he was making less than another actor, he demanded to renegotiate his deal. DreamWorks refused, prompting Pettyfer to go into protest mode. As recently as December, he had not cashed a single check for his Number Four work.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Stephen Colbert Reveals His Role In 'The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug'
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Mid-Season Finale: Moloch Says Ichabod Will Deliver Abbie's Soul To Him (VIDEO)
- Adam Pally Has A Technique To Make The Language Of His Favorite Hip Hop Songs More PC (VIDEO)
- Amy Adams Was Singing 'Grease' In Her First-Ever On-Camera Commercial Work (VIDEO)