MIPTV: U.K.'s Channel 4 Acquires Game Show Format 'Draw It'
Sony Pictures Television sold the British network the format, which was created by Ryan Seacrest Productions and Embassy Row and based on the Zynga cellphone game "Draw Something."
LONDON -- Hit mobile game Draw Something, turned into a TV format by Zynga, Ryan Seacrest Productions and Embassy Row, will soon be appearing on British TV screens.
U.K. broadcaster Channel 4 has commissioned a series of Draw It in a deal with U.K production banner Victory Television.
CBS had been developing a U.S. version, but ultimately passed on the game show. Sony Pictures Television is the show's international distributor.
The format involves two teams, each comprising one contestant and one celebrity, competing over three rounds of drawing challenges. The winning contestant joins forces with both celebrities in the final round in an effort to win a cash prize. If the cash is not claimed it rolls over to the next show.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR