MIPTV: U.K.'s Channel 4 Acquires Game Show Format 'Draw It'
Sony Pictures Television sold the British network the format, which was created by Ryan Seacrest Productions and Embassy Row and based on the Zynga cellphone game "Draw Something."
LONDON -- Hit mobile game Draw Something, turned into a TV format by Zynga, Ryan Seacrest Productions and Embassy Row, will soon be appearing on British TV screens.
U.K. broadcaster Channel 4 has commissioned a series of Draw It in a deal with U.K production banner Victory Television.
CBS had been developing a U.S. version, but ultimately passed on the game show. Sony Pictures Television is the show's international distributor.
The format involves two teams, each comprising one contestant and one celebrity, competing over three rounds of drawing challenges. The winning contestant joins forces with both celebrities in the final round in an effort to win a cash prize. If the cash is not claimed it rolls over to the next show.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR