DreamWorks Animation First-Quarter Earnings Beat Analyst Estimates
"Puss in Boots" contributed $73.6 million in revenue during the second quarter.
DreamWorks Animation on Wednesday reported first-quarter earnings of $9.1 million on $136.1 million in revenue, driven by the international theatrical success of Puss in Boots and strong home video sales of that title.
Puss in Boots, which has grossed $554 million at the worldwide box office thus far, contributed $73.6 million in revenue during the second quarter.
In the year-ago quarter, DWA earned $8.8 million. Revenue quarter-over-quarter was up 26 percent.
In after-hours trading, shares of DWA were down 2 percent after rising 2 percent during the regular session to $18.46.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!