DreamWorks Animation First-Quarter Earnings Beat Analyst Estimates
"Puss in Boots" contributed $73.6 million in revenue during the second quarter.
DreamWorks Animation on Wednesday reported first-quarter earnings of $9.1 million on $136.1 million in revenue, driven by the international theatrical success of Puss in Boots and strong home video sales of that title.
Puss in Boots, which has grossed $554 million at the worldwide box office thus far, contributed $73.6 million in revenue during the second quarter.
In the year-ago quarter, DWA earned $8.8 million. Revenue quarter-over-quarter was up 26 percent.
In after-hours trading, shares of DWA were down 2 percent after rising 2 percent during the regular session to $18.46.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR