DreamWorks Animation and YouTube Launch Daily Highlight Show
"YouTube Nation" will stream each weekday to showcase the stories, content and creators on the online video platform.
YouTube is launching its first daily program with the help of DreamWorks Animation.
It announced Monday the launch of YouTube Nation, a daily series highlighting content found on the video streaming platform. The show will become available Feb. 14 at 8 a.m. PT on the YouTube Spotlight page.
DWA will oversee the production of the show while YouTube will manage sales and marketing. Verizon has already signed on as the presenting sponsor.
"YouTube Nation will shine a light on the platform's most exciting content and creators, giving videos and channels the best opportunity to grow larger and more dedicated audiences," said DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg in a statement. "We could not ask for better partners in this new venture than the innovative team at YouTube, who have worked hand-in-hand with us to create a show that not only serves both consumers and creators, but also strives to be great entertainment."
DWA is no stranger to YouTube. The studio acquired teen-oriented multichannel network AwesomenessTV in May 2013. This is the first daily series produced by the studio, however, and the first YouTube-branded daily program.
Jacob Soboroff, the host of TakePart Live on Pivot, will host the show. Steve Woolf and Zadi Diaz, two of the creators of the New Mediacracy podcast, will executive produce.
"It's exciting to see the creative, visionary team from DreamWorks Animation bring their expertise and passion to YouTube to showcase the videos that define trends and pop culture moments around the world," said Robert Kyncl, YouTube's head of content and business operations, in a statement. "We're always looking for new, innovative ways to promote and drive traffic to our partner channels and see YouTube Nation as a great opportunity to help viewers discover great content which will surprise and delight."
New episodes of the five-minute show will become available Monday through Friday at 6 p.m. PT.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram