'Drive' Director Nicolas Winding Refn Boards 'Black's Game' as Exec Producer (Cannes 2011)
First-timer Oskar Thor Axelsson is helming the feature, based in 1990s Iceland, when the drug trade got violent.
CANNES – Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn, in Cannes Competition with Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan starrer Drive, has boarded the Icelandic crime drama Black’s Game as an executive producer.
Fist-timer Oskar Thor Axelsson is helming the feature, which is based on real events in 1990s Iceland, when the drug trade got violent.
Zik Zak Filmwork, in Cannes with Directors’ Fortnight title Volcano, is producing. Hostel producer Chris Briggs has an executive producer credit on the film, which wraps shooting next month.
TrustNordisk is handling international sales.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR