'Drive' Director Nicolas Winding Refn to Attend Munich Festival
The Munich fest will screen an homage to the Danish director, including his famed "Pusher" trilogy.
COLOGNE, Germany - Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn will return to the Munich International Film Festival this year for an homage of his work.
Refn, whose Drive starring Ryan Gosling won Cannes' Director's Prize last year, was last in Munich in 2010, where he presented his Viking epic Valhalla Rising with the film's star Mads Mikkelsen.
"Two years ago, Nicolas Winding Refn was still an insider tip," said Munich festival director Diana Iljine. "Now, and for good reason, he's seen as one of the most exciting directors in the world."
Refn will attend the Munich fest, which runs June 29 - July 7, and take part in a public Q&A session on July 1. For its homage to Refn, Munich will screen his Copenhagen drug trilogy Pusher as well as Drive and Fear X (2003), Refn's English-language debut.
Munich will also screen the little-seen documentary film Gambler (2006) rom Danish director Phie Ambo, which looks at how Refn, in debt after Fear X flopped at the box office, wrote and directed Pusher 2 and Pusher 3 in quick succession.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing