'Drop Dead Diva' heading to France's M6
'Diva' premiered on French cable net Teva in May
CANNES -- Lifetime's "Drop Dead Diva" will be reborn on French broadcaster M6 after a run on that territory's cable network Teva, Sony Pictures Television confirmed on Wednesday.
"Diva" has been picked up for a 13-episode third season on "Lifetime" and will premiere on M6 in France on Oct. 20th.
The show's star Brooke Elliott will be in Paris next week to promote the series about a shallow former model who dies in a car accident then finds herself reborn in the body of a brilliant, plus-sized attorney.
"Cable shows tend to go the distance," Sony's president of International Distribution Keith Le Goy said of the fact that a U.S. cable series was picked up by one of France's main broadcasters.
He added: "They're the ones telling really groundbreaking, interesting stories."
Sony has also seen a strong response worldwide to U.S. cable show Showtime's "The Big C" and AMC's "Breaking Bad."
"It's poised for a real breakout," Le Goy said of the Emmy-winning "Bad," pointing out that does 40% better in the ratings than "Mad Men" whose stars have been strolling the Croisette all week promoting that show. "Diva" premiered on Teva in May in France.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR