'Drop Dead Diva' gets pickup at Lifetime
Network orders 12 episodes of the comedic drama
Lifetime has picked up comedic drama "Drop Dead Diva" to series.
The network has ordered 12 episodes of the show starring Brooke Elliott for a summer premiere.
Created by Josh Berman and produced by Sony Pictures TV, "Drop Dead Diva" centers on a beautiful-but-vapid model wannabe who, after dying in a car accident, is reincarnated in the body of Jane Bingum (Elliott), a brilliant, thoughtful and overweight attorney.
"It's the type of show that truly enhances the Lifetime brand -- the duality of emotionally compelling drama with an equal balance of humor," said Lifetime's exec vp JoAnn Alfano said.
Berman is exec producing with Craig Zadan and Neil Meron of Storyline Entertainment.
"Diva" was one of several pilots in contention at Lifetime, along with "Mrs. Novak" and "Mistresses." The other two are not going forward.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR