'Dukes of Hazzard' Star Peggy Rea Dies at 89
Boss Hogg's wife, Lulu, suffered from congestive heart failure on Saturday.
Peggy Rea, a veteran TV actress who played Brett Butler's mother-in-law on the ABC sitcom Grace Under Fire, died Feb. 5 of congestive heart failure at her home in Toluca Lake, Calif. She was 89.
Rea also was a regular on such series as The Waltons (as Olivia Walton's cousin Rose Burton), The Dukes of Hazzard (as the man-chasing Lulu Hogg) and Step by Step (as Ivy Baker, the mother of Suzanne Somers' character).
The Los Angeles native began her TV career in the 1960s as a member of Red Skelton's stock company. She also appeared on such series as I Love Lucy; Have Gun, Will Travel; The Phil Silvers Show; Bonanza; Gunsmoke; Ironside; Hunter; Marcus Welby, M.D.; Burke's Law; and MacGyver.
Rea's film credits include Cold Turkey (1971), In Country (1989), Love Field (1992) and Made in America (1993).
Interment will take place at 11 a.m. on Feb. 28 at Santa Barbara Cemetery in the mausoleum in the Pines Courtyard.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR