'Dumb and Dumber To': Farrelly Bros. Offer Up Title, Status on Long-Awaited Sequel
The writer-directors give some juicy morsels about the long-awaited return of Harry and Lloyd.
Looks like a reunion of Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels is indeed happening, correct grammar be damned.
Peter and Bobby Farrelly provided a few small but interesting details about the sequel to their hit comedy Dumb and Dumber via Twitter on Tuesday night, informing their fans that they would soon be finished with the script to the long-awaited film.
The filmmakers also revealed the movie's title -- Dumb and Dumber To -- and, in an exchange with an inquisitive fan, again disavowed the failed prequel, Dumb and Dumberer while hinting that Carrey, whose portrayal of Lloyd Christmas in the first film helped make him a star, would be returning for this authorized edition.
That little aside is actually the biggest bit of news here, as last January, it was reported that Carrey had exited the film, frustrated with a lack of support from its producers.
In August, Bobby Farrelly revealed the new film's basic plot: "The story revolves around the fact that one of them may have sired a child," he told Digital Spy. "They want to go and find the child because he's having a kidney problem and he wants to ask him for one of his kidneys."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR