'Dumb and Dumber To': Farrelly Bros. Offer Up Title, Status on Long-Awaited Sequel
The writer-directors give some juicy morsels about the long-awaited return of Harry and Lloyd.
Looks like a reunion of Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels is indeed happening, correct grammar be damned.
Peter and Bobby Farrelly provided a few small but interesting details about the sequel to their hit comedy Dumb and Dumber via Twitter on Tuesday night, informing their fans that they would soon be finished with the script to the long-awaited film.
The filmmakers also revealed the movie's title -- Dumb and Dumber To -- and, in an exchange with an inquisitive fan, again disavowed the failed prequel, Dumb and Dumberer while hinting that Carrey, whose portrayal of Lloyd Christmas in the first film helped make him a star, would be returning for this authorized edition.
That little aside is actually the biggest bit of news here, as last January, it was reported that Carrey had exited the film, frustrated with a lack of support from its producers.
In August, Bobby Farrelly revealed the new film's basic plot: "The story revolves around the fact that one of them may have sired a child," he told Digital Spy. "They want to go and find the child because he's having a kidney problem and he wants to ask him for one of his kidneys."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott