'Dumb & Dumber' Sequel Plot Revealed by Bobby Farrelly
One half of the director duo that sent Harry and Lloyd on their first adventure gives a preview of the plans for their next road trip.
Dumb, Dumber... and Dumbest?
18 years after Harry Dunne (Jeff Daniels) and Lloyd Christmas (Jim Carrey) traveled cross country in their doggy van, the Farrelly Brothers have gotten the pair to climb back aboard for a second trip -- on which they'll be joined by a third member of their incredibly stupid club. Speaking with Digital Spy, Bobby Farrelly said that they plan to shoot the long-awaited sequel to Dumb & Dumber next spring, and are going to bring a new generation into the equation.
"The story revolves around the fact that one of them may have sired a child," he told the website. "They want to go and find the child because he's having a kidney problem and he wants to ask him for one of his kidneys."
Farrelly also said that both Carrey and Daniels are excited to do the film, which is a major about-face from just eight months ago. In January, Carrey exited the film, reportedly frustrated by a lack of support from Warner Bros. and New Line.
This announcement of sorts comes a week after Keanu Reeves divulged some details on another long-awaited sequel, a third Bill & Ted movie.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game