'Dumb and Dumber' Sequel: Universal, Red Granite Rescue Pic
The movie will reunite Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels.
Universal and Red Granite have come in to save the sequel to Dumb and Dumber.
The handle for Bobby and Peter Farrelly, the duo who directed the original and are helming the sequel, tweeted “It’s official: Dumber and Dumber To is going to production with @RedGranitePics and @UniversalPics!!!”
The move, confirmed by Universal, puts the project on track after New Line and Warner Bros. declined to move forward and allowed the project be shopped to other studios. Under the deal, Warner transfers the production rights to Red Granite.
Sources say the film would shoot this summer for a release next year, which would coincide with the 20th anniversary release of the original. Red Granite is retaining international rights.
Red Granite will finance with the company’s Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland joining Brad Krevoy, Steve Stabler, Charles Wessler and Bradley Thomas as producers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR