Dumb Starbucks Shut Down by Health Department
The Starbucks parody in Los Feliz, Calif., that was opened by comedian Nathan Fielder has been closed, the L.A. County Public Health Department confirmed to THR.
The doors of the Dumb Starbucks have already been closed.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health shut down the Starbucks parody Monday afternoon for operating without a license, a spokesperson confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
"The L.A. County has shut down the restaurant due to operating without a public health permit," the spokesperson told THR.
Earlier, Comedy Central personality Nathan Fielder announced that he was behind the parody pop-up store that appeared seemingly out of nowhere over the weekend in a nondescript Hillhurst Avenue location in Los Feliz.
Fielder is currently filming the second season of Nathan for You, in which he plays a version of himself helping struggling business owners employ funny and unorthodox strategies. He also is famous for encouraging 104,000 Twitter followers to pull pranks on their friends and family, for example to "mistakenly" send them texts about drugs.
Besides offering free coffee to thirsty Angelenos, the parody store served food (including pastries bought at Vons), which is a no-no for the health department.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR