Duo in talks to direct Steve Carell project
Glenn Ficarra, John Requa eyeing Warner Bros. film
Glenn Ficarra and John Requa are in negotiations to direct Warner Bros.' untitled Steve Carell/Dan Fogelman project.
Written as a spec by Fogelman, the comedy with dramatic elements follows a father deals with a marital crisis while managing a relationship with his children.
Carell is attached to star and is producing via his Warners-based Carousel Productions. Denise Di Novi is also producing.
Carousel principals Charlie Hartsock and Vance DeGeneres are exec producing.
Courtenay Valenti and Elishia Holmes are overseeing for Warners.
The boarding of Ficarra and Requa now puts Carell on two tracks at Warners as to what movie he chooses to do during his hiatus this spring. The other project is "Mail-Order Groom," for which Carell may team-up with Tina Fey. Ficarra and Requa just finished a rewrite of the project, which has no director. Both seem to be neck and neck at this stage.
Ficarra and Requa, best known for penning "Bad Santa, wrote and directed "I Love You Phillip Morris," which stars Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor and opens March 26. The duo are repped by WME and Benderspink.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!