Duran Duran Offer Rehearsal Sessions to U.K. Fans
British pop royalty to sell tickets to warm-ups after lead singer's vocal problems.
LONDON – Duran Duran, British pop royalty for folks of a certain age, will open up four of their pre-tour rehearsals to fans at intimate venues across the U.K., in advance of their upcoming U.S. September dates and the rescheduled British arena performances that will kick off in late November.
The band, forced to cancel a string of U.K. and European tour dates after lead singer Simon Le Bon developed vocal problems in early May.
The group said Wednesday the plan now is to turn what will be rehearsals for their American fall tour into four warm up shows for the fans.
Lead singer Le Bon is now back in full voice, after begin treated “to rehabilitate the muscles controlling his vocal chords,” which doctors believed he damaged during a show at this year’s Festival de Cannes.
The four U.K. shows will be ahead of the “All You Need Is Now” tour in the U.S. kicking off in Seattle on Sept. 23.
Le Bon said in a statement the vocal injury gave him “an incredibly tough time and [was] extremely frustrating.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR